General Feedback Thread

This is the place to ask any questions you have about the forum, or suggest new features or improvements.
Void Century Club
BOT
User Infos

A place for any generic VCC-related feedback (positive or constructive). If you want to make a more specific suggestion, please create a thread in the Suggestions, Feedback & Support section.

Beep beep boop. I am a bot.
seiryu
Shanks
User Infos
Location: HI (in the middle of the Pacific but Hi to you too)

If there are going to be future changes on voting multiple points, this can be ignored but the whole confirmation of the like is a pain in the butt.

Back to the blind Oda faith (until the next B.S. of course).
KapteynG
Void Centurion
User Infos

seiryu wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:13 am
If there are going to be future changes on voting multiple points, this can be ignored but the whole confirmation of the like is a pain in the butt.
I agree with this one. Make it so "Marking All As Read" thingy won't give us prompt as well when we do. It give me a :headbump:

seiryu
Shanks
User Infos
Location: HI (in the middle of the Pacific but Hi to you too)

Ah, got another one now that we got chain quotes going on. I don't know coding but the whole quoting code is doing the old fashioned email chain of sub-quote after sub-quote. I think I'm describing this terribly...when a quote of a quote is made, the original quote on top of the response being quoted is there. So if chain responses occur, the post will get super long/potentially hard to keep track of. I assume a quick fix is to make sure only the current post gets quoted.

Speaking of which, how hard is it to have the click and drag quote option? I'm already jumping ahead to the long discussions, but even now not having the convenience of just selecting a part of a post to quote seems like a lifesaver rather than manually editing the quote.

Back to the blind Oda faith (until the next B.S. of course).
Grin
User Infos

Paw

How about some more themes? Not to, hmm, "throw shade" at the current one, but I find it rather gloomy. How about a bright pink theme to liven up my retina? I'll make it myself if you'd like.

Chaud
Prince Pervert
User Infos

Grin wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:53 am
How about some more themes? Not to, hmm, "throw shade" at the current one, but I find it rather gloomy. How about a bright pink theme to liven up my retina? I'll make it myself if you'd like.
Already a theme suggestion, that was fast :laughrobin:

riofriz
Onizuka
User Infos

seiryu wrote:

I'll see if I can make liking post a bit easier, I agree that confirming it is not the best

seiryu wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:28 am
Ah, got another one now that we got chain quotes going on. I don't know coding but the whole quoting code is doing the old fashioned email chain of sub-quote after sub-quote. I think I'm describing this terribly...when a quote of a quote is made, the original quote on top of the response being quoted is there. So if chain responses occur, the post will get super long/potentially hard to keep track of. I assume a quick fix is to make sure only the current post gets quoted.

Speaking of which, how hard is it to have the click and drag quote option? I'm already jumping ahead to the long discussions, but even now not having the convenience of just selecting a part of a post to quote seems like a lifesaver rather than manually editing the quote.

Regarding multiple quotes, I think the whole hiding the previous quotes and showing only the latest one is achievable, however it needs to be properly thought as sometimes Is necessary to see the quote chain, I'll see if I can limit it or add an option to ONLY quote the latest post.
For the drag and drop quotes I don't think the system would support something like that, might be built at some point but as it's a lot of work it can't be our top priority, I'll add it in the future releases backlog tho, so I can at least have a better look at it..

KapteynG wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:20 am
seiryu wrote:
I agree with this one. Make it so "Marking All As Read" thingy won't give us prompt as well when we do. It give me a :headbump:

Don't think I understand, you want that when you click on 'view all notifications' it automatically marks them all as read? If so I am not sure it's something that can be done easily but for now I can make it all less painless, as on mobile I noticed is not the best :ohno:

Grin wrote:

There might be more themes in the future :pfft:

ImageImage
KapteynG
Void Centurion
User Infos

seiryu wrote:
Ah, got another one now that we got chain quotes going on. I don't know coding but the whole quoting code is doing the old fashioned email chain of sub-quote after sub-quote...
I get this one, me thinks. It's a lot of text to add and removing some parts of the quote is pretty time consuming when it's already so long.

seiryu wrote:
...but even now not having the convenience of just selecting a part of a post to quote seems like a lifesaver rather than manually editing the quote.
Yes! Please bring this back, just like how we used to from the old one. This makes quoting easier and faster.

Grin wrote:
Says someone who's gloomy. You're... :nuts:

riofriz wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:52 am
Don't think I understand, you want that when you click on 'view all notifications' it automatically marks them all as read? If so I am not sure it's something that can be done easily but for now I can make it all less painless, as on mobile I noticed is not the best :ohno:
Me prolly did not explain it properly too, huh?

When you receive 2 or more notifications from the same thread (i.e; someone quoted you on the same thread and 2 peeps upvoted your post), you tend to not click them all anymore and just click the ones you intend to reply to or something leaving the others "unread" which makes you use the "Mark All Read" option on the notification dropdown menu.
Brings me to my smol concern whether if we can remove/disregard this part (info prompt) and just be done with it. Like, yes, you did it! No need to tell me. A very smol thing, but whatever if it's impossible. Also, yes. It does go away on its own, but wouldn't it be better if it does not exist in the first place instead? Here's the image:
Spoiler

riofriz
Onizuka
User Infos

Ok [mention]seiryu[/mention] , regarding the "Quote only a part of the message", is it ok if when you select a bit of the text it'll popup with a "quote" button and you can just quote that little part of text there?

When you receive 2 or more notifications from the same thread (i.e; someone quoted you on the same thread and 2 peeps upvoted your post), you tend to not click them all anymore and just click the ones you intend to reply to or something leaving the others "unread" which makes you use the "Mark All Read" option on the notification dropdown menu.
Brings me to my smol concern whether if we can remove/disregard this part (info prompt) and just be done with it. Like, yes, you did it! No need to tell me. A very smol thing, but whatever if it's impossible. Also, yes. It does go away on its own, but wouldn't it be better if it does not exist in the first place instead

So [mention]KapteynG[/mention] basically those are the options i can work with:

- When opening the dropdown automatically mark all as read and doesn't prompt you with the "You've marked all the notification as read" popup
- Make a more available "tick to mark as read" button on each notification that just removes the ping

Let me know which one you prefer and i'll work on it

ImageImage
KapteynG
Void Centurion
User Infos

riofriz wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:09 pm
Ok @seiryu , regarding the "Quote only a part of the message", is it ok if when you select a bit of the text it'll popup with a "quote" button and you can just quote that little part of text there?
I know this one if for me, but this will be so much appreciated.

riofriz wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:09 pm
- When opening the dropdown automatically mark all as read and doesn't prompt you with the "You've marked all the notification as read" popup
This one would be ideal, but clicking the notification dropdown hopefully won't necessarily mark all notifications as read, would just remove the RED ALERT notification beside the bell button. Does that make sense? I hope it does.