Favorite Non-SH One Piece Female?

A place for general One Piece discussions, like "who's your favourite character?", or "why is Zoro the perfect vice captain?"

Moderator: seiryu

User avatar
Yonko
Void Centurion
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:31 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 135
Location: India
Status: Offline

No Questions asked.

Spoiler
Image


And as for the :hawt: me I would go with...
Spoiler
Image


User avatar
Judgement
Whipmas
Posts: 1955
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:40 am
User Infos
Reputation: 677
Location: Netherlands
Status: Offline

Paw

Yonko wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:35 pm
No Questions asked.

Spoiler
Image


And as for the :hawt: me I would go with...
Spoiler
Image

Great taste! I miss Tashigi...


Image
User avatar
Deathbloke
Doffy
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:23 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 220
Location: Greece
Status: Offline

Boa Hancock is definitely up there in terms of character development and looks, but I also have a soft spot for Reiju after Whole Cake Island. What more can the average One Piece reader ask for than big boobies a strong personality?


Image
Polybotes
Club Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 5:53 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 18
Location: Mumbai
Status: Offline

I wanted to thing something different and a name popped up. Tsuru. Tsuru's character seems to have a lot of hidden potential that's just waiting to be unearthed later down the line. I have a feeling her character is related to or knows about Luffy's mother.

But I'd really go with Boa Hancock. There can be many reasons for my choice. But I really like that there's a girl out there for Luffy who truly loves him!


User avatar
Yonko
Void Centurion
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:31 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 135
Location: India
Status: Offline

Deathbloke wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:01 pm
Boa Hancock is definitely up there in terms of character development and looks, but I also have a soft spot for Reiju after Whole Cake Island.

Thanks for bringing her up! I thought for a while that she’d join the crew or would somehow..... become *coughs* Amen.... Luffy-Senpai’s wife(And they live happily going out on adventures.)

And yeah she’s one of my favourite characters after Tashagi-san.


User avatar
WeebyWitch
Fierce
Posts: 4591
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:23 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 1493
Location: Wano Kuni
Contact:
Status: Offline

Paw

Events

Yonko wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:01 am
Thanks for bringing her up!
She’s been discussed in depth in this thread actually. There’s been a lot of good responses and rationales.
Polybotes wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 6:46 pm
Tsuru's character seems to have a lot of hidden potential that's just waiting to be unearthed later down the line.
I’m curious about her backstory more and yes it would be interesting to see how she’s used in the future. She’s fun.


Mobile posting, please excuse typos and errors (image source: @K0BUH on Twitter)
Image
User avatar
GoldenVenus
Straw Hat Pirate
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 11:06 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 211
Location: Underworld
Status: Offline

Paw

Events

I'd say Boa Hancock. I pretty much agree with what [mention]Marco Polo[/mention] said about her being used as a gag character and people forgetting about her story, because her backstory relates to the real issue that has been talked about since forever. And also, the fact that she's willing to do everything to help Luffy, the first man she fell in love with, is just so heartwarming imo.

Polybotes wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 6:46 pm
I wanted to thing something different and a name popped up. Tsuru. Tsuru's character seems to have a lot of hidden potential that's just waiting to be unearthed later down the line. I have a feeling her character is related to or knows about Luffy's mother.
Oh I kinda agree about Tsuru! It's hard to explain but there's just something about her that I really like. Perhaps because she's really calm and looks very dependable.


User avatar
WeebyWitch
Fierce
Posts: 4591
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:23 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 1493
Location: Wano Kuni
Contact:
Status: Offline

Paw

Events

GoldenVenus wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 4:24 pm
I'd say Boa Hancock. I pretty much agree with what @Marco Polo said about her being used as a gag character and people forgetting about her story, because her backstory relates to the real issue that has been talked about since forever. And also, the fact that she's willing to do everything to help Luffy, the first man she fell in love with, is just so heartwarming imo.
That’s not purely heartwarming, that’s bad modeling for women. It’s fawning. That’s a classic trauma response. It’s been documented to especially occur in otherwise strong presenting people. I can’t tell you how to feel, obviously but relating to it strongly, either pro or against can be a sign of something that we need to examine within ourselves in terms of our own lives and experiences. It’s sad that she’s doing so. Sure it helps Luffy out and he’s a good guy at heart so he’s up front with her about his intentions. But she’s still delusional about the whole thing because she sees it as mixed messages or something else when faced with the notion that she should subvert all of her being for him so as to not displease him. “A real woman holds her man down.” That kind of mentality is toxic. He has no intention of being with her so putting herself at risk for him is pointless. She doesn’t truly believe in her worth despite her claims to the contrary. She’s behaving out of a sense of affirmation seeking. He deems her worthy after knowing her past, so she’ll go to the ends of the earth to maintain that worthiness. That’s unhealthy, it’s not heartwarming, it’s codependency. Is she lovable because she’s human and flawed, then say that. But don’t say it’s cute that she’s subverting herself for a man and we should aim to be like her. If they show her healing and working through these issues then maybe but right now, it’s just poor modeling and misdirection in a very prominent character that’s telling guys they should want a woman like her and girls they should want to be one.


Mobile posting, please excuse typos and errors (image source: @K0BUH on Twitter)
Image
User avatar
Vesi
Club Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 3:28 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 8
Status: Offline

ImageImage
these 2 are up there for me, no real reason behind it.


Image
User avatar
GoldenVenus
Straw Hat Pirate
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 11:06 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 211
Location: Underworld
Status: Offline

Paw

Events

WeebyWitch wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 4:38 pm
GoldenVenus wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 4:24 pm
I'd say Boa Hancock. I pretty much agree with what @Marco Polo said about her being used as a gag character and people forgetting about her story, because her backstory relates to the real issue that has been talked about since forever. And also, the fact that she's willing to do everything to help Luffy, the first man she fell in love with, is just so heartwarming imo.
That’s not purely heartwarming, that’s bad modeling for women. It’s fawning. That’s a classic trauma response. It’s been documented to especially occur in otherwise strong presenting people. I can’t tell you how to feel, obviously but relating to it strongly, either pro or against can be a sign of something that we need to examine within ourselves in terms of our own lives and experiences. It’s sad that she’s doing so. Sure it helps Luffy out and he’s a good guy at heart so he’s up front with her about his intentions. But she’s still delusional about the whole thing because she sees it as mixed messages or something else when faced with the notion that she should subvert all of her being for him so as to not displease him. “A real woman holds her man down.” That kind of mentality is toxic. He has no intention of being with her so putting herself at risk for him is pointless. She doesn’t truly believe in her worth despite her claims to the contrary. She’s behaving out of a sense of affirmation seeking. He deems her worthy after knowing her past, so she’ll go to the ends of the earth to maintain that worthiness. That’s unhealthy, it’s not heartwarming, it’s codependency. Is she lovable because she’s human and flawed, then say that. But don’t say it’s cute that she’s subverting herself for a man and we should aim to be like her. If they show her healing and working through these issues then maybe but right now, it’s just poor modeling and misdirection in a very prominent character that’s telling guys they should want a woman like her and girls they should want to be one.
I probably worded it wrong (I was multitasking doing my work at the same time) but let me just make this clear. I wasn't really talking about a real relationship between a man and a woman. When I wrote that, I wasn't including Hancock's painful past in my mind, mostly because after her arc, she's totally turned into a gag character, and I was basically saying it based on their comedic relationship (without the whole past issues).
And I also never said anything about wanting to be like her or that it's okay for a woman to do anything for the sake of a man. I do get your point though, and I appreciate it. Though, i don't prefer someone judging what my view is based on what I said here ^^.

But anyway, you do have good points and I do agree with them. Also, speaking of a character of a woman, I think we can agree that Oda is indeed a little bit lacking when it comes to writing female characters.


Post Reply