Diamond no Ace

Discuss various anime series here. And please, no manga spoilers...

Moderator: Grin

User avatar
WeebyWitch
Jinbe
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:23 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 906
Location: Wano Kuni
Contact:
Status: Offline

Paw

Events

Monster Trio wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:08 pm
WeebyWitch wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:08 pm
Oh I made it all the way to the recap of Ei-Chan’s experiences (didn’t watch that one cuz it was bedtime and I’m just now waking up). But it’s so good! Obvi the relationship with dad gets better but yeah basically I went a third of the way through the season. That last pitcher swap was beautimous.
Waaaaw, really going through it. And yeah it will, I'm guessing youre with the glasses dude now? or soon enough... I dont remember the name lmao
Yeah...Shun for short from Akikawa... haven’t watched any so far today yet though. The plan was to be constructive but my phone keeps ringing and whatnot lmao. Clockwork is pretty intriguing on his own. This game is fun.


Mobile posting, please excuse typos and errors.
Image
User avatar
Monster Trio
Kilua
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:09 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 186
Location: NL
Contact:
Status: Offline

WeebyWitch wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:21 pm
Yeah...Shun for short from Akikawa... haven’t watched any so far today yet though. The plan was to be constructive but my phone keeps ringing and whatnot lmao. Clockwork is pretty intriguing on his own. This game is fun.
Ahhhh yes Akikawa. Shun the foreigner with amazing Japanese haha. But yes, clockwork pitching, man if people like that would exist irl.. It's too amazing to be true.
Well, should maybe think about putting phone in zen mode? Unless they're important calls or messages ofc.. That's a big help


"Even if you're a main character, you can still die... I better be careful-ttebayo."
~Gintoki Sakata

Image
User avatar
WeebyWitch
Jinbe
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:23 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 906
Location: Wano Kuni
Contact:
Status: Offline

Paw

Events

Monster Trio wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:26 pm
WeebyWitch wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:21 pm
Yeah...Shun for short from Akikawa... haven’t watched any so far today yet though. The plan was to be constructive but my phone keeps ringing and whatnot lmao. Clockwork is pretty intriguing on his own. This game is fun.
Ahhhh yes Akikawa. Shun the foreigner with amazing Japanese haha. But yes, clockwork pitching, man if people like that would exist irl.. It's too amazing to be true.
Well, should maybe think about putting phone in zen mode? Unless they're important calls or messages ofc.. That's a big help
Well my good friend/ex-gf calls on her way to work on MWF mornings and my mom/sister did an Insta video call. So it was all good. Just took up over 2+ hours total between the two of them. I can be constructive now. And I don’t follow Japanese baseball or any sports anymore so I dunno how close to accurate the abilities of the players are but they aren’t talking about things that don’t exist in theory.


Mobile posting, please excuse typos and errors.
Image
User avatar
Monster Trio
Kilua
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:09 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 186
Location: NL
Contact:
Status: Offline

WeebyWitch wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:33 pm
Well my good friend/ex-gf calls on her way to work on MWF mornings and my mom/sister did an Insta video call. So it was all good. Just took up over 2+ hours total between the two of them. I can be constructive now. And I don’t follow Japanese baseball or any sports anymore so I dunno how close to accurate the abilities of the players are but they aren’t talking about things that don’t exist in theory.
Aaah, like that I see. As long as you're able to do what you were planning to! As for that, I mean, it works in theory but I do not think it's humanly possible to have that kinda precision


"Even if you're a main character, you can still die... I better be careful-ttebayo."
~Gintoki Sakata

Image
User avatar
WeebyWitch
Jinbe
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:23 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 906
Location: Wano Kuni
Contact:
Status: Offline

Paw

Events

Monster Trio wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:41 pm
WeebyWitch wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:33 pm
Well my good friend/ex-gf calls on her way to work on MWF mornings and my mom/sister did an Insta video call. So it was all good. Just took up over 2+ hours total between the two of them. I can be constructive now. And I don’t follow Japanese baseball or any sports anymore so I dunno how close to accurate the abilities of the players are but they aren’t talking about things that don’t exist in theory.
Aaah, like that I see. As long as you're able to do what you were planning to! As for that, I mean, it works in theory but I do not think it's humanly possible to have that kinda precision
Well he’s aiming for a zone, it’s like pool, or darts... you’ve got to train yourself immensely. There’s always the theory and the practical application that can only be put together via a great deal of work, plus the right circumstances.


Mobile posting, please excuse typos and errors.
Image
User avatar
Monster Trio
Kilua
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:09 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 186
Location: NL
Contact:
Status: Offline

WeebyWitch wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:45 pm
Well he’s aiming for a zone, it’s like pool, or darts... you’ve got to train yourself immensely. There’s always the theory and the practical application that can only be put together via a great deal of work, plus the right circumstances.

Then again, darts is only like 2/3m distance whilst this is 18.. I'm just saying, once or twice sure, but to have the concentration to do this for a half game, let alone a whole game.. Not really human


"Even if you're a main character, you can still die... I better be careful-ttebayo."
~Gintoki Sakata

Image
User avatar
WeebyWitch
Jinbe
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:23 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 906
Location: Wano Kuni
Contact:
Status: Offline

Paw

Events

Monster Trio wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:17 pm
Then again, darts is only like 2/3m distance whilst this is 18.. I'm just saying, once or twice sure, but to have the concentration to do this for a half game, let alone a whole game.. Not really human
That’s why they’re making such a big point about the opponents’ batting skills and pitch count. In general, pitchers don’t last that long at top condition; it’s not just Furuya that deteriorates over time—everyone will—it’s why extra innings suck and stamina is a huge deal. It’s hard work. You don’t want to tire out your pitcher at all because of the amount of stamina, skill, etc required to maintain the control. All pitchers aim to be able to put the ball exactly where they want it to go. I mean, even in Volleyball, they’re spiking and serving to place the ball in a certain area. All ball sports are the same that way. It’s all about aim. Either for your teammate or opponent. The best are beasts. It’s also why they tend to have a repertoire of pitches from which to choose. The variety makes it easier than having to throw the exact same pitch over and over to the same spot—fatigue (which would also be easier to hit due to predictability). I think that the fact that he’s being precise but changing up each pitch is achievable. It’s not that much different than doing a regular repertoire of pitches—fastballs, sliders, curves, breakers, etc. It’s not like it’s using the muscles exactly the same each pitch.


Mobile posting, please excuse typos and errors.
Image
User avatar
Monster Trio
Kilua
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:09 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 186
Location: NL
Contact:
Status: Offline

WeebyWitch wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:55 pm
I think that the fact that he’s being precise but changing up each pitch is achievable. It’s not that much different than doing a regular repertoire of pitches—fastballs, sliders, curves, breakers, etc. It’s not like it’s using the muscles exactly the same each pitch.
You see, I get your point really, and pitchers literally already have to pinpoint where they wanna go for as the strike zone isn't all that big either and they have an umpire watching it really closely, with either inside/outside courses. But his clockwork literally borders the strike zone, all the time, which makes it a bit too inhuman for me. Whereas other great pitchers in the show also have pinpoint precision but might mess up a little sometimes when trying to paint the corners/sides or when it's a more difficult pitch as the ones you mentioned


"Even if you're a main character, you can still die... I better be careful-ttebayo."
~Gintoki Sakata

Image
User avatar
WeebyWitch
Jinbe
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:23 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 906
Location: Wano Kuni
Contact:
Status: Offline

Paw

Events

Monster Trio wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:12 pm
WeebyWitch wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:55 pm
I think that the fact that he’s being precise but changing up each pitch is achievable. It’s not that much different than doing a regular repertoire of pitches—fastballs, sliders, curves, breakers, etc. It’s not like it’s using the muscles exactly the same each pitch.
You see, I get your point really, and pitchers literally already have to pinpoint where they wanna go for as the strike zone isn't all that big either and they have an umpire watching it really closely, with either inside/outside courses. But his clockwork literally borders the strike zone, all the time, which makes it a bit too inhuman for me. Whereas other great pitchers in the show also have pinpoint precision but might mess up a little sometimes when trying to paint the corners/sides or when it's a more difficult pitch as the ones you mentioned
Well they make a big deal about how excessive/obsessive his practicing was and how special he was to get the nickname. *shrug* Plus he does only have the capacity to do it when he’s in peak form, so they said.

Moving on. Todoroki was an awesome character for sure. I really enjoyed that game. It was nifty to see Wakana and everyone else from junior high again as well. Manaka and the rest of the guys watching the game was touching. Oh no! Akira lost his zen and that cost him. Mei’s pitching causing the other team to despair was scary. When Seido is playing, I might get a little animated at times—like oh, I dunno—when there’s runners on base and Miyuki comes up to bat, for example lol. Or when there’s not and he messes up. You’d think this was a real game I’m rooting for or something?


Mobile posting, please excuse typos and errors.
Image
User avatar
Monster Trio
Kilua
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:09 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 186
Location: NL
Contact:
Status: Offline

WeebyWitch wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 10:58 pm
Well they make a big deal about how excessive/obsessive his practicing was and how special he was to get the nickname. *shrug* Plus he does only have the capacity to do it when he’s in peak form, so they said.

Moving on. Todoroki was an awesome character for sure. I really enjoyed that game. It was nifty to see Wakana and everyone else from junior high again as well. Manaka and the rest of the guys watching the game was touching. Oh no! Akira lost his zen and that cost him. Mei’s pitching causing the other team to despair was scary. When Seido is playing, I might get a little animated at times—like oh, I dunno—when there’s runners on base and Miyuki comes up to bat, for example lol. Or when there’s not and he messes up. You’d think this was a real game I’m rooting for or something?

I might've missed them saying that, but fair enough. And yessss Yakushi a great team, I love Sanadaaaa AAAH. But he gets more shine later ig. Mei's pitching really shows that he views himself as "the king" and I love that about him. Like yes he's an arrogant little bastard but he's supposed to be just that. As for Miyuki oh mannnn his growth tho. Well eitherway!! more good ass matches coming


"Even if you're a main character, you can still die... I better be careful-ttebayo."
~Gintoki Sakata

Image
Post Reply