VCC On Social Media!

Announcements for all things VCC!
User avatar
Marco Polo
Kiki
Posts: 956
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:11 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 839
Location: under your bed
Status: Offline

Events

Rohan wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:55 am
I think posting chapter reviews is a good idea.

This would require users writing chapter reviews. I’ll try do one for 978 at some point to get the ball rolling...


avatar by riofriz/Chaud
User avatar
Rohan
Doffy
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:35 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 272
Location: India
Status: Offline

Marco Polo wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:17 am
Rohan wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:55 am
I think posting chapter reviews is a good idea.

This would require users writing chapter reviews. I’ll try do one for 978 at some point to get the ball rolling...

Maybe those who post chapter reviews can get a prize to encourage users to post them.


Image

Come check out the Sol Roleplay: post19362#p19362!
User avatar
Judgement
z.Halloween Pumpkin
Posts: 1841
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:40 am
User Infos
Reputation: 614
Location: Netherlands
Status: Offline

Paw

Marco Polo wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:47 am
What kind of content do you want to see from VCC social media pages?

Signed,

A curious social media admin

Posting theories by members was a thing that happened in the past, I believe. I think that would be super nice to do to get some people interested in the community and One Piece overall!


Image
User avatar
WeebyWitch
z.Halloween Brook
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:23 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 1159
Location: Wano Kuni
Contact:
Status: Offline

Paw

Events

Marco Polo wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:05 am
Also as a side (sorry about double posting) - please retweet/share our content as much as you can - it’d be super helpful!
I’ll do so, but it looks like the wrong account is being active? Unless you want OPF’s account to be the one that’s active?


Mobile posting, please excuse typos and errors.
Image
User avatar
Marco Polo
Kiki
Posts: 956
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:11 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 839
Location: under your bed
Status: Offline

Events

WeebyWitch wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:11 pm
I’ll do so, but it looks like the wrong account is being active? Unless you want OPF’s account to be the one that’s active?

You raise a good point here.

The OPF page was being used a lot at first, mainly to make sure our active audience knew we were moving house. Now that I've finally managed to get us a small social media audience, I don't have to do that as much, but chapter threads etc. will still be shared on OPF pages to maximise reach.

A month in and I'd just like to say thank you to those of you supporting our social media accounts - they've grown a lot more than I expected they would. If you have friends that watch/read One Piece (or are generally into the kind of stuff we do here), please get them to follow our socials as it helps the forum a lot more than you might think.

The other thing I'd like to ask is this - to all of you following our Instagram, what kind of content do you want to see? I think it'd be cool to share user art on there but obviously I'd need your permission for that. I'm strongly against the idea of just reposting fanart, and I think using it to grow our art community could be a really fun idea.


avatar by riofriz/Chaud
User avatar
WeebyWitch
z.Halloween Brook
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:23 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 1159
Location: Wano Kuni
Contact:
Status: Offline

Paw

Events

Marco Polo wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:58 am
WeebyWitch wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:11 pm
I’ll do so, but it looks like the wrong account is being active? Unless you want OPF’s account to be the one that’s active?

You raise a good point here.

The OPF page was being used a lot at first, mainly to make sure our active audience knew we were moving house. Now that I've finally managed to get us a small social media audience, I don't have to do that as much, but chapter threads etc. will still be shared on OPF pages to maximise reach.

A month in and I'd just like to say thank you to those of you supporting our social media accounts - they've grown a lot more than I expected they would. If you have friends that watch/read One Piece (or are generally into the kind of stuff we do here), please get them to follow our socials as it helps the forum a lot more than you might think.

The other thing I'd like to ask is this - to all of you following our Instagram, what kind of content do you want to see? I think it'd be cool to share user art on there but obviously I'd need your permission for that. I'm strongly against the idea of just reposting fanart, and I think using it to grow our art community could be a really fun idea.
I’m fine with my stuff being shared. Just tag me.

That explanation makes sense and I understand the retweets. Twas when one was being active over the other that confused me. I really like the activity lately. You’ve been doing a good job of being fun and active as well as sharing forum content.

For Instagram, if Judge gives us a bit more time to do so, maybe we can actually do that Binks’ sake video? I’m guessing there weren’t many submissions? I didn’t get to mine 😓 But I go like the art idea. There are talented artists like @Iki Hotaro and @sweetjacky and @Monster Trio around who might be willing to share there stuff.

You could post about different threads with an image or video clip of something relevant to it. EXAMPLE: favorite opening thread with a Hope or We Are clip. Or a picture of a favorite moment and the favorite anime moment thread?

Okay that’s enough ramblings for now. If I think of other things, I’ll let you know. Feel free to disregard all of this. ^_^


Mobile posting, please excuse typos and errors.
Image
User avatar
Iki Hotaro
Club Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 8:06 am
User Infos
Reputation: 10
Status: Offline

Paw

WeebyWitch wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:24 am
Marco Polo wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:58 am
WeebyWitch wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:11 pm
I’ll do so, but it looks like the wrong account is being active? Unless you want OPF’s account to be the one that’s active?

You raise a good point here.

The OPF page was being used a lot at first, mainly to make sure our active audience knew we were moving house. Now that I've finally managed to get us a small social media audience, I don't have to do that as much, but chapter threads etc. will still be shared on OPF pages to maximise reach.

A month in and I'd just like to say thank you to those of you supporting our social media accounts - they've grown a lot more than I expected they would. If you have friends that watch/read One Piece (or are generally into the kind of stuff we do here), please get them to follow our socials as it helps the forum a lot more than you might think.

The other thing I'd like to ask is this - to all of you following our Instagram, what kind of content do you want to see? I think it'd be cool to share user art on there but obviously I'd need your permission for that. I'm strongly against the idea of just reposting fanart, and I think using it to grow our art community could be a really fun idea.
I’m fine with my stuff being shared. Just tag me.

That explanation makes sense and I understand the retweets. Twas when one was being active over the other that confused me. I really like the activity lately. You’ve been doing a good job of being fun and active as well as sharing forum content.

For Instagram, if Judge gives us a bit more time to do so, maybe we can actually do that Binks’ sake video? I’m guessing there weren’t many submissions? I didn’t get to mine 😓 But I go like the art idea. There are talented artists like @Iki Hotaro and @sweetjacky and @Monster Trio around who might be willing to share there stuff.

You could post about different threads with an image or video clip of something relevant to it. EXAMPLE: favorite opening thread with a Hope or We Are clip. Or a picture of a favorite moment and the favorite anime moment thread?

Okay that’s enough ramblings for now. If I think of other things, I’ll let you know. Feel free to disregard all of this. ^_^

talented... huh :no:


User avatar
Marco Polo
Kiki
Posts: 956
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:11 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 839
Location: under your bed
Status: Offline

Events

ART SUBMISSIONS FOR INSTAGRAM: viewtopic.php?p=18893#p18893

WeebyWitch wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:24 am
For Instagram, if Judge gives us a bit more time to do so, maybe we can actually do that Binks’ sake video? I’m guessing there weren’t many submissions? I didn’t get to mine But I go like the art idea. There are talented artists like @Iki Hotaro and @sweetjacky and @Monster Trio around who might be willing to share there stuff.

You could post about different threads with an image or video clip of something relevant to it. EXAMPLE: favorite opening thread with a Hope or We Are clip. Or a picture of a favorite moment and the favorite anime moment thread?

These are also very good ideas. Thank you!


avatar by riofriz/Chaud
User avatar
WeebyWitch
z.Halloween Brook
Posts: 3859
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:23 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 1159
Location: Wano Kuni
Contact:
Status: Offline

Paw

Events

Marco Polo wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:50 pm
These are also very good ideas. Thank you!
anytime. I look forward to seeing them. The official One Piece Staff account has been doing a lot lately. I dunno if doing stories about them/their posts would help or not. :shrug:


Mobile posting, please excuse typos and errors.
Image
User avatar
Rohan
Doffy
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:35 pm
User Infos
Reputation: 272
Location: India
Status: Offline

Is there a YouTube channel?


Image

Come check out the Sol Roleplay: post19362#p19362!
Post Reply