This guide was made by Shottie.
Town of Salem is a forum game based on the Town of Salem game developed by BlankMediaGames.
The game challenges players on their ability to convincingly lie as well as detect when other players are lying. The players are randomly divided into alignments – Town, Mafia, Serial Killers, Arsonists and Neutrals. If you are a Town member (the good guys) you must track down the Mafia and other scums before they kill you. The catch? You don’t know who is a Town member and who is a scum. If you are an evil role, such as a Serial Killer, you secretly murder town members in the veil of night and try to avoid getting caught.
There are two phases: day phase, night phase. Each phase is (at least) 24 hours long. Some games may include an Evening Phase, where it is common to just shitpost introduce yourself and greet your fellow players.
• Day phase
During the day phase players engage in conversation; the day phase is when town members should be the most active and the goal is to find a suspect to lynch. Scums can use the day phase to cause confusion and misdirection. Day phase is also used to create reads on players to help decide night phase actions. The day phase ends when the number of lynch votes required for a lynch has been reached OR 24 hours has passed.
• Night phase
The night phase is when actions and activities are completed and recorded for the following day phase. Mafia members and other scums use the night phase to their advantage by taking out town members. Town members get information or protect through their actions.
Voting is a day phase action in which players vote to lynch a suspect. Once the cap has been reached all conversations stop and the suspect is put upon a platform and is given a chance to defend themselves with a single post. Players then vote guilty, innocent, or abstain.
• Voting format is vote lynch . The cap number is an equation of 50%+1. So if there is 20 players the cap for a lynch is 11 votes. You are allowed to unvote by posting unvote , however if cap has been reached all votes are locked.
• After the suspect's defense (or lack of after 3 years hours) the voting of innocent, guilty, or abstain occurs. You can change your vote by posting unvote vote .
- A suspect is lynched when over half of the votes are guilty. The day phase ends with a guilty lynch.
- If over half the votes are innocent then the suspect is set free and if there was still time in the day period the day continues.
- Abstain votes are counted as null votes.