What Is an AG?
An AG is an rpg in which roles, with varying goals, are assigned by a GM.
Most games usually have many different kinds of victory, much like the different levels of fatality in Mortal Kombat XD.
A theme/setting is often selected. E.g. One Piece : AGs tend to be very flavour heavy, more so than mafia.
A basic AG has civilians and assassins. Civilians are good guys. The equivalent of Town in MG. They usually have no idea who their teammates are and have to find them. Assassins are bad guys. The equivalent of Mafia in MG. They know each other from the start of the game. The Civilians are usually divided into warring factions that must defeat each other AND the Assassins in order to win whereas the Assassins have to reach parity with the Civs.
Unlike Mafia Games, there is no 'Day' phase and 'Night' phase. Each day (usually) lasts 24 hours and all the players can send in their abilities, regardless of their faction. Also, there is a separate Voting Thread, where you can vote for a player to be lynched (killed). Lastly, private messaging is usually allowed for all players.
Ability Tree - A list of all the active abilities in the game and the order in which they occur.
AG - Assassin Game
Assassin – The one(s) killing people. STOP THEM! If you are them <.< avoid suspicion.
Codename - An alias for your Role that in the DP. Protecting your character name is often important in AGs and so each character is given a creative nickname by the GM in the DP.
Civilian – The uninformed masses who are being picked off by assassins.
DP – Daily Post by GM with all the events of the day. Here lies all the clues you’ll need to crack the game.
DT – Discussion Thread, for all your public rambling needs =D
GM – Game Master
GMV – Gets My Vote. To be placed after the name of the person you’re voting to lynch.
Inactive – Player who doesn’t meet the activity requirements.
Lurker – Player who makes bare activity requirements, but lurks in the DT and doesn’t post or PM much.
Lynch – Vote off that assassin! Or that guy nobody likes XD
Ping – target unknowns to see their role in the DP.
PM Protocol – How to title your private messages to the GM so that their inbox doesn’t become chaotic.
Role Gathering – Finding the roles of all the players in the game o3o like a detective! You usually get this by revealing your own role.
Sheep – A frowned upon form of voting where you simply vote for the person with the most votes already to quickly fulfil your activity requirement.
MVP – Most Valuable Player, an award given to the member of the winning faction who the GM felt was the most influential in winning the game.
VT – Voting Thread, for all your voting needs.
I’m a civilian. Now what?
Read the DPs, the DT, PM others, DISCUSS!! Information is your only currency in an AG. Make sure you have lots of it.
Be distrustful! <.< Assume everyone in an assassin until proven otherwise. Keep in mind though, that others will be distrustful of you as well, so you also have to prove that you’re one of the good guys.
WORK TOGETHER! You’ll never win against the enemy unless you find your fellow civs and team up. You have strength in numbers. NEVER SOLO.
If you think you’re about to die, have an information bomb with everything you know ready. Drop that sucker in the DT! If you think it may put your faction in jeopardy, then at least PM it to all your confirmed allies.
If you are getting lynched, make it publicly known that you are a civilian. Be adamant. Hopefully people will change their votes.
I’m an assassin! What do I do?
MURDER!!!! Kill anyone you think is smart. Kill anyone who may know your role. Keep the masses uninformed!
BLEND IN! If someone PMs you, PM them back, just don’t tell them who you are <.< DUH. Lie whenever necessary, but be careful not to get caught in a lie. Don’t let them find you! Avoid attention.
WORK TOGETHER! You have to plan carefully with your fellow killers to ensure the path to victory.
BE ACTIVE! You are in a minority. The game will be unbalanced if you’re not around to kill. It’ll ruin the mechanics OTL
If you are discovered and they’re all lynching you, LIE! Claim to be a civilian or a neutral. Lie until the bitter end. I’ve seen people change their minds many times.
I’m Nuetral o3o
Survive dammit! That’s all you’ve got to do. Make a truce with the civs and the assassins so that they don’t kill you.
Da Usual Rules
1. Read all the rules, notes, mechanics, and announcements posted by the GM.
2. All Void Centry Club / Section rules apply.
3. GM is Almighty. Respect my authority.
4. If you cause disruption in the game, ruin the mechanics, are disrespectful to me or to the other players, and/or dare to do something that will stop the fun of the game for others on purpose, you shall be GM killed outright.
5. This is a PM game, meaning you are allowed to talk to fellow players in private, outside of the Discussion Thread (DT). Please enable your PM in order to play.
6. You are not allowed to quote or screen shot any PMs from the GM. Revealing the contents of your Role Sheet is allowed, but no screenshots of RS, or forwarding of the GM’s quoted PM with your RS is allowed. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be GM killed.
7. Be active by making 1 non-spam post in the DT, voting, AND using an ability EVERY DAY (meaning a single 24 hour period).
Failure to post in the DT = -10HP
Failure to vote = -20HP
Failure to use an ability = -20HP
So if you are completely inactive you lose 50HP!
8. The dead do not talk. You cannot post in the DT, VT or PM other players about the game until it is over. Dead means dead. If you are displeased with anything, please wait until the end of the game to discuss.
9. Play towards your win conditions. No good shall come from trolling.
10. Rules, notes, and mechanics are all subject to change.
Usual Mechanics (How to Play)
1. Each player starts the game with 100HP. You cannot have more than 100HP unless stated otherwise in your RS. When you reach 0HP, you die immediately.
2. Each player will receive a Role Sheet (RS) detailing their abilities.
3. You can only use one active ability a day unless stated otherwise in your RS.
4. You can change the target of your ability(s) as much as you like.
5. If you have multiple abilities, you can change which one(s) to use as much as you like.
6. Abilities are not time or random number generator (rng) based. Instead, they follow a priority basis detailed above in the Ability Tree. What this means is that all abilities of the same kind, or of equal priority, should work.
7. To use your active(s) simply PM me who you want to use your ability on using the appropriate PM protocol to title your PM.
8. At the end of the day, a Daily Post (DP) will be published, detailing the events of day.
9. If you can’t find your codename in the DP or you notice that a mistake has been made, please inform me as soon as possible so that it can be edited.
10. Game ends when Great Victory or higher is achieved. See your RS for details.
Example of a One Piece DP that I made before the game started to set up the lore for the game. I always write a DP: 0
The crashing of angry waves beating against the red line only helped to increase the unease that permeated the night. Birds continued to squawk ceaselessly, as if in terror, long past the hours that they’d usually be cooing in their nests. The fireflies that had once abated the darkness of night lay dead in the sand, along with the fallen victims of the notorious Blackbeard Pirates. They had invaded marine headquarters on a mission of blood.
“Fools! Who do you think the Marines are?! This land is ours! The Marines will guard this area!” cried The Freaky Sex Act. The Marines fought tooth and nail with the enemy and finally, The Virgin Lover was cornered. "It's as good a time as any... Time to bring this era to its "conclusion".
But the conclusion was only the beginning.
“Zehahahaha! A man’s dream will never die,” said The Virgin Lover “but there are no guarantees for a man” he thought to himself.
Suddenly an eerie darkness, darker than the night itself, swallowed up The Freaky Sex Act, trapping him in despair. Then a loud crack tore through the air, ripping everything in its path apart. The Freaky Sex Act’s body was torn into pieces.
A Marine is dead.
The Blackbeard Pirates then set their sights on the Sabaody Archipelago where all the members of the Worst Generation had gathered. They were going to kill them all. The mission of blood knew no bounds.
“No one can stop me now. I’ll destroy everything! I’ll swallow this entire world up,” declared The Virgin Lover “This is my age!”
The message was broadcast throughout the entire area via transponder snails. Many began to flee in panic, but the Supernova stood their ground. In the face of this declaration of war, they banded together, determined to overcome the enemy…
...but the effort was in vain.
“Virgin Lover, know thy place!” proclaimed The Stallion, “I am the one who will rid the world of the worst generation who stole the spotlight away from me! Your threat means nothing. The shouts of people with no resolve are nothing but background noise!” This genius of the sword took up his blade and charged at The Virgin Lover, but he was just swallowed up by darkness. As he began to sink in desperation, The People Eater tried to save him. He grabbed The Stallion’s arm and tried to pull him out of the darkness by force.
“Ugh, stubborn guy! What the hell, let go!!” cried The People Eater as he frantically pulled to no avail.
“Zehahahaha!” The Virgin Lover just laughed. He took sadistic pleasure in their anguish.
“You’re the stubborn one! Let go! Save yourself, we’re not even comrades,” pleaded The Stallion.
The People Eater screamed, “So what!! Men who have fought together are ‘comrades’!! Even if I were scum, I wouldn’t let a friend die without helping!!”
It was a touching sentiment, but it did not delay the inevitable. The People Eater got sucked into the darkness along with the Stallion, then a loud crack tore through the air, ripping their bodies apart and together they perished.
A Supernova is dead.
A Supernova is dead.
These unprecedented events sent shock waves throughout the world. Be it Marine or Pirate, no one was safe from the Blackbeard Pirates.
============= Auto Merged 7 minutes 6 seconds =============cheekclapper Rohan WeebyWitch riofriz Monster Trio Marco Polo Phenom Rej
I hope this makes you interested in Assassin Games : I will be hosting a my 3rd One Piece AG here sometime in the near-ish future.