Last week, I decided to dedicate some free time for (probably) the upcoming three years to complete a Hardcore Soul Silver Shinylocke. What does this mean?
All the general rules for a Hardcore Nuzlocke apply:
- Nuzlocke starts when I have obtained Pokeballs.
- I must name every Pokemon I obtain.
- Once a Pokemon dies, they're dead and can never be used in battle again.
- I will be playing on 'Set' mode, instead of 'Shift' mode.
- I can't use items in battle.
So what about the shiny part?
- I MUST catch the first shiny Pokemon I encounter in an area. If I don't, my chance for that area has passed and I get no Pokemon.
- One exception: I can get every static Pokemon (that appears in the overworld) or gift Pokemon in an area, aside from my one encounter.
So, the first struggle begins... Obtaining a shiny starter Pokemon! Place your bets in this thread for who you think we might get and how many soft resets it's gonna take me to get it!
You can choose Totodile, Cyndaquil or Chikorita, and the shiny odds in this game are 1/8192 per individual encounter. Since the starter Pokemon all count as individual encounters, when I can choose them the chance to find a shiny is 3/8192.
I will be posting updates in this thread (maybe even just by updating this post) to keep track of the journey, so do check back whenever you like.
Wish me luck and join me on this long-term journey! :